That's right: for the first time ever, a white guy is going travelling in South America. Read about my adventures as I travel the continent and try my best not to steal or conquer anything.

February 05, 2006

Preface

So I'm heading off for South America for six months, and a handful of people have shown an interest in what I'll be up to down there, hence this blog. I doubt that I'll update it very regularly or that it will be particularly interesting, but who knows, I might just get into this blogging thing, and I should come up with at least a few good pictures. Right now I'm in Toronto and my plane takes off in about six hours. Naturally, I've just begun to consider this whole packing thing, and should be wrapped up about two minutes before I have to go. My first real post will be from Buenos Aires in two or three days. I'm going to spend roughly the next 20 hours either in airports or on planes, so after I'm finished with that, and the two things that I've planned for my next six months, I'll be ready to communicate again. Feel free to fire off an email to me anytime at davidpeer@hotmail.com.


Oh, and I'm an autocrat, at heart, so I'm moderating comments. Do leave one now and then though, particularly comments critical of me or this blog, as those are the kinds of comments that I leave on other people's blogs, and they always really appreciate it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a neat idea - I mean, starting a blog. Hope you are traveling safely right now and could be somewhere half-way to B-A. Looking forward to the pictures. Billing process is a bit stalled - but I'm kicking Roberto as hard as I can. :-)) All the best in Argentina!

P.S. Sorry, it's not really a comment, so exercise your moderator powers right upon reading this. :-))

12:01 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far this looks like an elaborate scheme to escape Toronto's winter.

12:38 p.m.

 
Blogger Dave Peer said...

"So far this looks like an elaborate scheme to escape Toronto's winter."

Not true; it's really not an elaborate scheme at all. All I did was get on a plane. It worked though - another 23C, sunny day . . .

12:10 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home